Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter Pagent

Tonight we had the opportunity to go the Easter Pagent. For many years we did not attend because our teenagers did not want to attend twice. This year we accidently struck on the solution. Go the same night as the young men/young women. Then we can all enjoy each other's company. This time Ellen, Beth, and Katie, and also the Laytons sat with us. It was very nice, though the most moving thing for me was at the beginning. I was standing there watching the people gather. Couples holding hands, old and young, mothers and fathers with children of all ages, people in wheelchairs being helped to spots to enjoy the show, people we know and love, and those who we don't (know that is ) all coming to the temple grounds to celebrate our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and his gifts to us. There are just moments when the weepy me creeps in. I still miss sitting on the lawn on a blanket at 3am Easter morning with Grandma Manker and all of us children that she could persuade to join her, waiting, freeeeeeeeeezing, and then finally to have the pagent start with the fanille of the risen Christ just as the sun was coming up over the visitor's center. I know there is no way that everyone who attends now could have this same experience, but I am glad to have had it. It really does seem like such a long time ago almost a dream. (I never freeze in my dreams!)

2 comments:

ELHG said...

You are absolutely right! I'm a people watcher too. And watching the people gather... then watching the huge cast during the crowd scenes up on the stage was awesome. I'm so glad I went!

Brenda said...

i love those moments of clarity. and they seem to come at the most inconvenient times. thanks for sharing your story!


rumst